|Project Sheet 14
Anne Dorner Middle School,
Ossining, New York
New Synthetic Multi Purpose Athletic Field
Eberlin & Eberlin was part of a multidisciplinary team of design consultants working with the Ossining School District to make major improvements to the Middle School's Outdoor Athletic Facilities.
Dorner field, shown here, includes:
- a synthetic "FIELD TURF" field
- a 400 meter all-weather synthetic running track and field events
- low level jogging lights provided for community night time use
- new bleachers seating 650 spectators and a press box
Varsity baseball existed at the site but had limited space down the foul lines. The new natural grass field was enlarged to accommodate 305 feet down the right field, 320' to left field foul line, and over 340' to center field.
The varsity baseball field includes:
- fenced-in dugouts
- batting/pitching cages
- a safe batter warm-up box
- a warning track
- new foul poles
- an automatic irrigation system
- spectator bleachers
- a scoreboard
A natural grass varsity sized soccer field was also constructed and included an automatic irrigation system.